Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Healing the Healer, Stressing the Stress Reducer...

Isn't it ironic: the most stressful day I've had in medical school thus far is the day I specifically devote to community stress relief and relaxation.

I guess it was partially inevitable, since I stupidly did the "I-have-to-do-it-all-myself-or-someone-else-will-fuck-it-up" racket that I tend to run in positions of leadership. It's a trait that seems to stem both from experience (too many group projects in school that didn't meet my perfectionist standards) and genetics (viz., my dad's self-induced near solo operation of the Israeli Film Festival each year). In any case, the "Science of Stress" was suitably successful--even by my standards--for a first major event, so I guess we could call what I experienced on Monday more "eustress" than "dis-stress".

Summer plans seem to be shaping up. At this point, they will include:
- AHA graduation June 6
- Simon's bris May/June ??
- Fun with Epithelium June 11-19
- Warm Fuzzy Leadership June 20-25
- Marriage of the Minds July 4
- Nutrition and Stress/CVD whenever I'm not doing something else
- Quartercentury Celebration July 28!!
- EDCAM Meeting August 6-7
- MOOT? August 26-30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home