Sunday, November 27, 2005

Giving Thanks: Five Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving

5) Four (yes, 4!) consecutive days off (more time off than I've had in total over the past six weeks!)

4) The ability to sleep 14 consecutive hours when given the opportunity (sheer bliss!)

3) Homemade cranberry sauce (I made some on Thursday, adding some brussel sprouts and whole wheat couscous for a well-rounded thanksgiving dinner that wouldn't make *me* any rounder)

2) My grandma (who totally won our game of sing-a-long ball yesterday, demonstrating an impressive command of lyrics to songs like "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" and "God Bless America", which edged her ahead of competitors Jean and Louise, her fellow nursing-home-bound-little-old-ladies-with-dementia; way to go grandma!!)

And most of all...

1) The Polish American Cultural Center in Passaic, NJ (yay for Poland, the source of 3/4 of me!) for employing the upstanding security guard who picked up the wallet that I dropped in Penn Station yesterday, and for welcoming me so warmly into its polka and cigarette smoke-filled lobby last night at 1am when I picked up said wallet from said security guard. (Just when I thought my life wasn't interesting enough...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home