Sunday, August 02, 2009

And...We're Back!

Huh. Haven't posted to this blog in two years. A lot has happened since then. For example, I became a doctor. And a Californian. And a vegan. And a thirtysomething. And a homeowner. And a Prius owner. Still left-handed, though. Whew.

So yeah, it's been a while, but I think now's a good as time as any to start this thing back up. For one thing, I'm now on PST, so it's near impossible to call any of my favorite people on the East Coast without waking or keeping one of us up. For another thing, I've grown increasingly thoughtful (read: outspoken) in my old age, so I've got lots to say and this is one of those "appropriate" places to soapbox. Thirdly...well, I miss writing and reflecting my semi-private thoughts/experiences in a semi-public place. It's one of the joys of the 21st century, and who am I to miss out on that!

First thought: Last night at the awesome dinner with the awesome prospective residency applicants at the awesome family medicine conference (after 2am my normal brain thesaurus sends all but one adjective to sleep. I'll work on that.) I coined a new term with the help of a new friend: blook (rhymes with book): a collection of blog entries published on paper as a single volume with framing intro and conclusion. Spread the word. One of my life goals is to coin a term/phrase that makes it into an actual dictionary. No luck yet with 'sun event' and 'sicks pack', but I haven't given up!

OK, that's it for now. More soon.

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no words more than.. i am chuckling loudly!!! good to have you back here!!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when you coined 'sun event!' It may not be in any dictionary, but you definitely introduced it to my vocabulary! :) -SHF

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Ibrahimblogs said...

Welcome back!! Congratulations on becoming a doc!!

Hope to hear from you regularly now!!

This is Ibrahim from Israeli Uncensored News

 

Post a Comment

<< Home