Wednesday, August 20, 2003

I Am the Horse

When asked how to sculpt a horse, one artist explained, "I see the horse in the stone; then I take away everything that is not the horse."

Thus begins my medical education. After nearly 20 years of anticipation (you can ask my mom--I started planning to be a doctor only shortly after I realized in kindergarten that being an ice cream man wasn't a realistic option), I am now finally starting my career in medicine at Yale Medical School. Coming in, I have my own acquired skills, interests, knowledge; but like the artist's raw hunk of marble, I will soon be chipped away at, hacked into, and ultimately (one can only hope) polished, to emerge in four years a doctor in shining white coat.

Let's see how it goes. Welcome to my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home